Thursday, February 21, 2013

Family, Friends, Doctors, and Sabres

Week 2 has come and gone and time continues to move rather quickly.  I'll start with last Friday, February 15th where the last post left off.  The cord and circumcision took care of themselves(thank God) and George just looks much more comfortable!  That also means that we were able to begin with the cloth diapers that also seem pretty comfortable and we are excited to see how they work out.  So far so good.  They definitely make his butt look big but if he asks just say they don't. He gets a little self-conscious.

Little Sumo Baby
They've been working out great and are much simpler than I originally thought they would be.  I even hung a clothesline in the backyard all by myself.  Like a big boy.  I'm getting the hang of a power drill finally.  It wasn't too long ago that it was pretty foreign to me.  Anyhow, the sunlight helps to get the stains out and a week later they still look pretty brand new. I'll spare you what's been in some of them but I will say it's impressive how clean they remain.

Where's my pacifier?

Paul, Emily, and Averie came over Friday night and brought some burgers to grill (in February which was nice!) with bacon and a salad.  Good stuff.  We hung out for a little while, watched the Sabres beat up on Boston, and then it was Averie's bed time and they left.  Saturday was a pretty typical day except for the fact that I had to go back to work at Lucky Strike.  That sucked.  Not only because it's work but because it was my first time away for any extended period of time.  I guess I have to get used to it at some point.



On Sunday Matt, Nichole, and Sebastian came over with some brunch and to watch the Sabres again.  They lost this time but it was one of their better games!  Baby steps apparently.  George met his cousin Sebastian for the second time now with many more to come.  Sebastian is almost exactly a year older than George and I see some good times in their future.  George will be joining Sebastian at his day care around May when Courtney goes back to work.  Not looking forward to that day.  We also had our first family picture that day as well.  We actually had the nurse take a few in the hospital but for some reason they didn't save to my camera so we lost them.
Me, George, Sebastian, and Matt
George not having it(we'll get a good one)


Monday was back to work at my big boy job which also sucked.  Tuesday was normal with another visit to Target.  I feel it's been my second home since February 7th.  Wednesday was a big day!  We had George's 2 week appointment to check out his progress.  It was frustrating trying to leave the house, that's for sure.  It was the first time leaving the house, packing a diaper bag, putting him in the car seat, etc.  Of course as we were finally ready to leave, a noise came from George's pants and he had to be changed again.  Needless to say we were about 20 minutes late for his first appointment.  I'm sure that happens often for those 2 week check ups.  There were a couple different tests/procedures that George didn't appreciate but overall it was a success.  He's up to 9 lbs 1 oz and has gained 11 oz in the 10 days since the nurse visit.  Good stuff.  They hope for an oz a day.  He also grew 1/2 inch for what it's worth.  Measuring the length of a new born is nearly impossible.  They don't necessarily stay straight or still.  His dome is holding steady at 14 1/4 inches.  The Dr. was extremely pleased with George's progress and health so we're all happy.  We then had to go to the lab for some blood to be drawn from George's foot.  I got yelled at by the technician for not keeping the heating pad on his heel long enough.  I guess the warmth makes it easier to get blood.  Oh well, she wasn't very clear in the original directions.  She pricked his heel and George was pissed!  That was not fun and I felt bad for him.  He was screaming loud enough, I thought, to disrupt the entire hospital.  Courtney was right outside and said she couldn't hear so I guess I exaggerated a bit in my mind.
We wrapped Wednesday up with a visit from Cody and Jessa(and later Paul).  Jessa made a delicious Tuna Noodle Casserole which is an all-time favorite in this Loehfelm's household.  George slept a bunch and was great all night.  Trying to forget the happenings that took place earlier in the day and I don't blame him.  He continued to sleep great throughout the night as well giving Courtney some much needed rest.
Posing a bit
It's Thursday afternoon now and the day was supposed to be much more exciting than it has been.  Courtney's parents were supposed to arrive at noon today but no dice.  As they were deicing the plane this morning, the truck ran in to the wing of the airplane cancelling their flight.  Wow.  Instead they will be arriving tomorrow late afternoon.  George is pumped to meet Grandma and Grandpa Snowberger.  We'll have a fun week with the Snowberger's and will fill you in on it later!  On a side note, I made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and egg salad for lunch.  Courtney is napping now and I think she's mentally preparing for tonight's Sabres game against Toronto.  First one in 16 years without Lindy Ruff behind the bench and I'm excited about it.  George is too.  Go Sabres!



Some more pictures of from the past week. Not too great, I was just fooling around with a different lens on the camera.







My ears!!





No comments:

Post a Comment